Digital Banking Product Owner
The Digital Banking Product Owner will combine a strong business acumen and broad thinking - including product design, customer journey mapping and data analysis - with agile product development methods to deliver and enhance optimal digital banking experiences. Operating at the intersection of Business, Customer Driven Design and Technology, the product owner will lead the execution activities of cross-functional teams involving various business and technology partners in the development and deployment of new products, product enhancements, and process improvements. The digital banking product owner defines and prioritizes the product backlog, sets quality standard for delivery, represents the customer to the agile team.
Under general guidance and direction, the Digital Banking Product Owner will deliver key technology in driving optimal digital banking experiences. Must be able to put together product plans outlining options with recommendations to present to the Digital Banking Product Manager and Key Stakeholders for approval. The product owner will lead the execution activities of cross-functional teams involving various business and technology partners in the development and deployment of new products, product enhancements, and process improvements. The digital banking product owner defines and prioritizes the product backlog, sets quality standard for delivery, represents the customer to the agile team.
- Responsible for articulating and translating the overall strategy and tactics for a specific digital product(s) into prioritized features and user stories.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis (e.g., industry, market, competitive, customer) and distill conclusions into actionable recommendations for both business and technology leaders.
- Supports defining minimum viable product (MVP). Owns scrum team backlog (grooming, prioritization, and refinement.
- Continuously manage priorities in-line with business need, competitive demand, and the roadmap.
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy. Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the ‘voice of the customer’.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potential features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training, and support.
- Create content for internal/external use (e.g., presentations, process flows, whitepapers) and host educational briefings to bring awareness and educate audiences on relevant topics.
Product Analysis & Management
- Solve complex business problems by testing and research, market data, design, and customer feedback.
- Define, track, and monitor key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with product management leadership to develop annual goals and objectives for products.
- Lead problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Translate product strategy into executive summaries, epics, features, and user stories. Define acceptance criteria to complete user stories, including definition of done.
- Conduct journey mapping sessions, creates and maintains related artifacts, works with product manager to define jobs to be done and recommendations as part of the digital value chain.
- Provide transparency and ongoing communications with line of business partners/key stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years of digital product development, management, or product design experience
- SAFe, Scrum or other agile certification or demonstrated experience working as Business Analyst or Product Owner on an agile product or team
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues, and designs to varied audiences; educate stakeholders on the business vision and plan, and the impact of change.
- Ability to make quick and challenging decisions.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity.
- Assess value, develop, and prioritize user stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those are aligned with product strategy
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or military experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Startup experience and/or large company digital product experience
- Experience in an agile product group focusing on web and mobile applications
- Experience working in Agile development preferred
- Experience defining minimum marketable features and minimum viable products.
- Experience leading customer journey mapping sessions, creating artifacts, outlining, and managing the jobs to be done preferred
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Using analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and Tag Manager, Firebase are preferred, but not required
- Jira and Confluence or other agile work management tools
- Familiarity with mobile and web technologies, in a banking context is a strong plus