Managed Assets Relationship Manager II
The Vice President Managed Assets Relationship Manager is responsible for management of a commercial portfolio of criticized/classified relationships. As an experienced relationship manager, the incumbent manages workout relationships to minimize the risk of loss
associated with an adversely rated commercial loan portfolio. Must be proficient balancing multiple assignments and responsibilities in a team-oriented environment. May specialize in a particular loan type or industry dependent on overall group need.
Incumbent manages commercial banking relationships representing significant credit exposure to the Bank. Incumbent is responsible for recommending work out strategies and structure and recommending alternative solutions as well as judgment/foreclosure litigation, asset liquidation and bankruptcy. Incumbent will coordinate liquidation of collateral and interact with bank personnel, legal counsel and other third parties as applicable.
The VP Relationship Manager will be responsible for handling a portfolio of existing commercial banking relationships in the Managed Assets Department.
Key components of these responsibilities include:
- Manage a commercial portfolio of criticized / non-performing assets to better secure collateral and to facilitate / maximize collection
- Understands loan documentation requirements and procedures
- Maintain compliance and manage exposure to risk by performing financial analysis, collateral evaluation and documentation review
- Recommend approval of potential restructures and modifications to the appropriate credit authority
- Coordinate the liquidation of assets including but not limited to real estate, equipment, inventory, receivables, and vehicles
- Coordinate payment and collateral deficiencies with borrower
- Make necessary judgments to protect the bank’s interest and achieve maximum recovery
- Interact with internal and external legal counsel and other third parties (for example consultants, auctioneers) to develop collection strategies
- Manage legal and other expenses associated with the collection and liquidation of troubled loans.
- Responsible for the ongoing reporting including the ensuring completion of covenant compliance monitoring, regular Managed Assets Plan (‘MAP’) reporting and impairment reviews as necessary
- The incumbent will be expected to assist in the preparation of the quarterly Large Substandard Report and may attend the quarterly senior management (Credit Policy) meetings.
- Responsible for compliance with rules of SBA SOPs for loan servicing and liquidation of the SBA criticized and classified commercial loans within the portfolio. Collaborate with the SBA Group to prepare and submit litigation plans and repurchase requests, the compilation and submission of ‘10 Tab’ report and the preparation and submission of wrap up reports to the SBA.
- Oversees OREO and Note sales, seeking to minimize cost and maximize recovery to the Bank in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience
Proven background in commercial banking and financial analysis.
- 3-5 plus years experience in commercial real estate and/or commercial lending, underwriting and/or analyzing complex loan transactions.
- Formal bank credit training preferred.
- Strong understanding of banking laws and regulations and working knowledge of commercial collection laws.
- Proven problem loan management, workout experience and related negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Proven problem loan management, workout experience and related negotiation skills. Ability to solve complex problems.
- Incumbent should be able to excel with integrity in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment.
- Proficient/computer literate in Microsoft applications with the willingness/ability to learn new software as necessary.