Digital Marketing Internship
- Promoting Boston Harbor Now’s calendar of free and low-cost community events through online calendar listings, advertising, and social media
- Drafting and implementing engaging written and visual content for social media platforms and Boston Harbor Now mailing list, and measuring the performance of social posts and outreach
- Generating a series of short and engaging social media videos to attract new audiences to programs and waterfront spaces
- Documenting Boston Harbor Now’s public activities through photography and video
- Supporting content updates on web sites, Youtube, and other online channels
- Occasionally staffing special events and programs carried out in adherence tocurrent public health guidelines
- Other duties in the office and on the waterfront as needed
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a background in communications, marketing, and /or content development (either academically or through comparable work or volunteer experience)
- Has experience in digital content creation (graphic design, photography and video) including basic video editing skills
- Is familiar with common social media platforms (facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube)
- Is organized and able to meet deadlines
- Has a strong work ethic, is good at taking direction and able to work both withand without supervision
- Is excited about engaging audiences in mission-driven work, particularly in therealm of parks, public access, and / or community engagement
This 13-weeks internship begins on June 7 and lasts through Labor Day, with some flexibility available to accommodate academic schedules. Commitment is approximately 40 hours per week. Work hours may include some evening and weekend events.
Boston Harbor Now is currently operating remotely. While many duties for this role can be performed from a home office, candidates must have reliable access to Boston’s downtown waterfront area and be willing to support onsite activities as needed. All Boston Harbor Now programs and activities are carried out in accordance with city and state public health guidelines.
Boston Harbor Now is an intentionally diverse workplace. We are intentional about hiring, developing, and retaining people of color at all levels. We don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we value them, we promote them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, volunteers, supporters, partners, and community.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Compensation:$4,000 stipend for the summer
Compensation: $4,000 stipend for the summer
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter (PDF format) to Liz Cook, Senior Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org