Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Alumni/ae & parent engagement support— manage the main phone line along with both alumni/ae and development email accounts, coordinate follow-up of inquiries across the development department as well as across other school departments.
• Gift entry— Process and enter all cash and in-kind gifts, ensuring receipt, acknowledgement, and record keeping protocols are followed and implemented.
• Event support—Support major school events from planning to execution, including coordination with volunteer committees, all vendors, and Marketing and Communication office to execute internal and external communication timelines.
• Fundraising support – Assist Chief Development Officer and other front-line fundraisers in scheduling donor calls or visits, and support creating donor briefing materials.
• Office management—Implement stewardship activities and mailings, maintain supplies and materials, and assist with processing invoices.
• Interest in supporting fundraising, stewardship, and event activities to advance the mission and work of an independent school
• Affinity for working with various constituencies of an independent school (students, alumni/ae, parents, faculty etc.)
• Customer-service orientated
• Strong cross-cultural competencies and intercultural communication skills
• Keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to proofread, edit, and revise existing copy
• Facility with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom, and database systems (Raiser’s Edge NXT and Blackbaud preferred)
• Ability to handle high volumes of complex and confidential materials
• Physically able to lift 20 pounds
• Work occasional evenings or weekend days
• Experience in a development office and/or event management
• Familiarity with alumni/ae and parent engagement at an independent school
• Experience with social media platforms and e-mail communication tools
To apply for this position: Send a letter of interest and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will accept applications until the position has been filled.