● Accounts Payable; receive and store electronically all vendor bills and reimbursement claims for weekly payment cycle, ensure purchasing policies are followed before issuing payments, enter bills into QuickBooks Online with appropriate accounts and classes, maintain vendor files
● Accounts Receivable: prepare invoices for donors and funders, send reminder notices for aging receivables
● Prepare and make bank deposits
● Preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing
● Prepare and enter journal entries under the direction of the Finance Director
● Assist the Director of Finance with the yearly audit
● Prepare and process new seasonal employee intakes for payroll and general onboarding
● Record payroll in QuickBooks Online
● Maintain organized system of documentation of all collected employment paperwork
● Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
● Familiarity with Quickbooks Online or similar accounting software a plus
● Experience with payroll processing systems a plus
● Must be reliable and able to prioritize tasks with deadlines
● Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
● Strong attention to detail, with an ability to work well with established processes and procedures
● Appreciation of working with a staff and board committed to diversity and social justice. Successful candidates will share our commitment to these values.
Boston Scores is committed to recruiting and sustaining a diverse staff. We understand the importance of inclusivity and welcome you, as you are. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
All Boston Scores staff have the option to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our headquarters is in the Brewery Complex in Jamaica Plain. Staff may choose to work some of their time at that space at their own discretion, though daily capacity is currently limited. Some in-person hours in Jamaica Plain will be required for on-boarding, bank deposits and for hard copy filing.
Salary & Benefits
Send resume and a brief statement of interest in the opportunity firstname.lastname@example.org