· Lead the development and execution of ambitious corporate sustainability strategy, objectives and goals, and establish the methods to monitor and publicly communicate goal progress;
· Foster and grow an environmental sustainability program to support population and public health and using our economic influence to address the social determinants, primarily environment, that impact health by building, operating, purchasing, hiring, investing, and providing services in our communities, especially the local, diverse and underserved;
· Develop and manage all company-wide operational sustainability activities including: energy efficiency, waste management and recycling, paper usage, water conservation, transportation, green buildings, chemical reduction and sustainable food services;
· Continue to increase positive overall business savings from advancement of sustainable practices across business areas;
· Create and implement marketing and educational programs that inspire our associates to embrace environmental sustainability practices and change the thinking, behavior and practice of individuals and departments by focusing on the importance of sustainable activities;
· Co-manage shared project manager who will help implement various sustainability and cross-functional programs and initiatives;
· Direct and supervise departmental staff and series of interns to achieve sustainability and corporate goals;
· Supervise external consultants (The Trustees) with the annual re-development and management the company’s community garden program with 200+ associate participants;
· Lead the company’s Green Team program across three offices and e-worker population;
· Support Sales and Prevention/Wellness department’s efforts to engage accounts in healthy built environments;
· Collaborate with sustainability focused Blues across our network on best practice sharing and development.
· Work in collaboration with other department leaders to develop and launch evolved Corporate Citizenship strategy focused on Health Justice, including an Environmental Justice focus area;
· Develop partnerships with community members, organizations, academia and other institutions to further establish the company’s sustainability and corporate citizenship programs;
· Act as the official company sustainability and environmental health subject matter expert and representative to media, outside agencies and the community;
· Routinely brief, advise and collaborate with senior leaders including the CEO, regarding sustainability and environmental health programs and policies.
· Successful record of developing and implementing both environmental sustainability and environmental health programs in a large corporate environment;
· A strong understanding of corporate environmental sustainability and health issues and trends;
· Demonstrated project management and organizational skills; project planning skills/ability to work within deadlines and prioritize multiple projects and assignments;
· Strong influencing, motivating and empathy skills, including buy-in and consensus building among all levels of the organization, including senior executives;
· Strong strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills;
· High degree of initiative as well as ability to act as a team player;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to present to and communicate with a wide variety of internal and external audiences, including senior management and in public forums, communications and social media;
· Superb interpersonal skills, including sense of humor and ability to communicate with poise, professionalism, and discretion
· Exceptional strategic thinking and problem solving, including a track record of predicting and planning for the future in a dynamic environment;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
Education/Relevant Experience: List in order of importance.
· BA/BS required; Master’s Degree in Business or related field strongly preferred;
· Minimum of 10 years of experience within the field of corporate social responsibility/environmental sustainability;
· Minimum 10 years of relevant project management experience, as well as implementation experience in corporate or nonprofit settings.