Senior Internal Auditor
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assess the adequacy of internal controls, efficiency of operating processes, accuracy of transactions and other operating activities, compliance with stated goals, policies, procedures, laws and regulations through the completion of comprehensive audits of Treasury operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Treasury Internal Auditor with the complete audit life cycle for finance, compliance, and performance audits. This includes research, planning and conducting the audit, to report writing and following up on corrective actions.
- Participates in the review and update of Treasury’s policies, internal control plan and business continuity plan.
- Identifies the need for additional policies and facilitates the completion of such policies
- In conjunction with the internal control plan and business continuity plans, assists in the preparation of Treasury’s risk assessment
- Assists in the compilation of Treasury’s individual departmental responses for the completion of the annual Internal Control Questionnaire
- Acts as a business consultant for Treasury’s departments and divisions
- Assists in the review of enterprise system accesses. Completes special projects as requested by Treasury’s executive management or Internal Auditor
- Assists by being a liaison with external auditors, third-party entities, and state agencies
- Travel as required
- Other tasks or projects as requested
- Supervisory responsibilities may be assigned on a project by project basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BA or equivalent, in Accounting, Finance, or another related field
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor designation desirable, but not required
- A comprehensive auditing skill set covering a broad range of financial, compliance, and operational areas
- At least five (5) years of audit experience in a large public accounting firm, major corporation, or government
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with COSO, complex organizational structures and information technology
- Experience with Office 365, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Visio. Knowledge of ACL/Galvanize or other data analytic software
- Able to develop and implement an independent, objective, and systematic approach to analyzing audit evidence and drawing conclusions
- Knowledge of government Defined Contribution 457(b) plans, multiple employer 401(k) plans, and ERISA regulations
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organizational skills. Ability to present concisely and descriptively in both oral and written format to all levels of the Treasury
- Ability to analyze complex processes, to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the process and related controls
- Detail oriented, ‘big picture’ thinker. Able to understand the process and identify its relationship with other processes, departments, and Commonwealth agencies
- Organized. Able to manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines. Able to work in a fluid environment, with the ability to anticipate, respond, and continuously improve the process
- Builds constructive ad effective relationships
- Ability to work in a team and independently. Self-motivator. Goal oriented.
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs, including all of Treasury’s policies
- Personally committed to, and actively works toward continuous improvement
Visit our career page to learn more about our culture or follow us on social@TreasuryLifeMAto see first-hand why Treasury employees feel we are a great place to work.