This candidate works closely with the division SVP and is empowered to make thoughtful, independent recommendations. They would escalate any concerns to the SVP within Business Banking to determine the best course of action before moving forward. The candidate would work independently with other Senior members in product development in other lines of business to make decisions on what is the best course of action for the Business Line as well as the Bank. However, if written policy is unclear or there are areas of uncertainty, the Senior Product & Development Manager should seek guidance from their manager. This position not only represents Themselves but the division.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continuously reevaluates and stays abreast of market trends regarding Business Banking products and pricing; Implements pricing changes and coordinates with Marketing to communicate with customers and update sales materials.
- Makes recommendations for enhancements to existing products and proposals for new products; Prepares detailed product design documents including business case to upper management for approval
- Manages and negotiates pricing and services with vendors. Prepares all CBA’s related to product set owned for senior management approval
- Serves on vendor product committees to provide direction of product offering
- Independently manages projects related to new product implementations; brings new products to market; coordinates all vendor requirements and activities and technology related requirements
- Responsible for final sign off for new product testing before making it generally available
- Provides sales support including, training on products and pricing, creating customer training guides, preparing RFP responses and implementation of complex customer services
- Reviews risk for the products that are supported to comply with regulatory and bank policy requirements as well as updating and creating customer agreements and disclosures working with Legal to adhere to regulatory changes and new product features
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent business experience required. CCM or AAP accreditation a plus
- 8-10 years of banking experience in the Financial Industry in Business Banking product management.
- Project and process management experience required
Skills and Knowledge
- Multiple Business Banking products and processes including operational workflow
- Analytical includes experienced with MS Word and Excel
- Attention to detail with excellent communication skills both oral written
- Project management skills
- Experience preparing cost benefit analysis
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.