Primary Duties: The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for managing and cultivating partnerships with community groups, organizations, and other stakeholders to advance the AGO mission and strategic priorities; helps lead key initiatives in partnership with community allies, including our Wage Theft Clinics, regional summits, and topical webinars; attends community and stakeholder meetings to assess partnership opportunities, develop relationships, and communicate AGO mission and objectives; coordinates advisory council meetings; assists the Office to deliver its services and trainings to the general public on wage and hour, consumer protection, and other topics; organizes and participates in community engagement events such as Community Action Hours; represents the Office and/or division in public events; and performs other duties as assigned. Provides general administrative and office support to the Springfield Regional Office, as needed. This position requires frequent travel throughout Western Massachusetts.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
· Bilingual candidates preferred;
· Skillful strategic thinker and results oriented performer;
· Ability to establish clear expectations and continuously measure performance
· Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques is essential;
· Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event, including logistics, correspondence, printed materials, etc.
· Ability to coordinate and lead internal and external meetings and events;
· Capacity to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, MailChimp, GoToMeeting, and other software preferred;
· Candidates must be able to work both independently, and in a team environment;
· Candidate must be available to work some nights and weekends;
· Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required;
· Preference also given to applicants who have demonstrated experience working with diverse populations;
· The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a connection to the people and communities we serve, and an interest in supporting a respectful and inclusive work environment.
Position Type: Full-Time/Non-exempt
Salary: $43,000 - $46,000
Application Process: To apply for this position, visit the AGO website via this link to register and create a profile, upload your cover letter and resume, and submit an application. Candidates may only apply directly using the AGO’s online Employment and Recruitment jobs portal.
Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will gladly assist applicants who are in need of an accommodation. For assistance, contact the Human Resources Division at (617) 963-2041.
Inquiries regarding position and status may be made to:
Marcony Almeida-Barros, Director
Community Engagement Division
The Attorney General’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As the representative of the Commonwealth and its residents, the Attorney General’s Office strives to ensure that those working in our office reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. The Office encourages applicants from a broad spectrum of backgrounds to apply for positions.