About the School:
Established in 1998, Boston Arts Academy (BAA) is the city’s only public high school for the visual and performing arts. BAA is part of the Boston Public Schools system and is considered a pilot (autonomous) high school. BAA provides a diverse student body access to a college-preparatory arts and academic education.
On December 13, 2017, the City of Boston and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts agreed to build a new facility for BAA at 174 Ipswich Street. BAA and the Foundation are now in temporary locations. The new BAA school building will open for students in January 2022. The Foundation’s Board has launched Building Our Future, a six-year, comprehensive campaign that seeks to raise $32 million to support BAA’s school budget and ensure its long-term financial sustainability.
The Executive Assistant/Board Clerk will provide essential support to the President and CEO, the Board of Directors, and the Foundation staff during this time of growth in reaching the organization's communication and fundraising goals.
60% Executive Assistant to the President and CEO:
• Provide support to the President and CEO in a variety of capacities including meeting/call coordination, travel arrangements, invoice and expense reporting, and assist with completion of specially assigned projects
• Draft/edit correspondence to donors as managed by the President and CEO; timely preparation of proposals and other materials as required
• Help manage relationships with and communications to donors and other external contacts on behalf of the Foundation and President and CEO
• May need to represent the President and CEO while she is traveling, by attending meetings and taking notes, or effectively and responsively handling communications with high level internal and external constituents such as members of the Foundation Board, Board of Trustees, or highlevel donors
• Prepare informational material for donor visits
• Staff and coordinate special program efforts, such as donor events and trips
• Schedule and facilitate various staff and donor meetings
• Update donor information in Raiser’s Edge
• Maintain Foundation/Development Events calendar
• Copy/distribute documents and assemble binders as needed
30% Foundation Board of Directors:
• Serve as the Clerk for the BAA Foundation Board of Directors by preparing for and attending Board meetings, preparing and distributing agendas and materials, taking minutes at Board meetings and at committee meetings when requested
• Maintain and update Board Handbook and supplementary materials, as well as Board records
• Support and serve as liaison to Foundation Board members relative to donor visits
• Support Board’s fundraising efforts, including cultivation events
10% Office Management/Foundation Staff support:
• Provide general administrative support for Foundation staff
• Provide event support, including planning and execution of smaller cultivation events
• Support Finance department with payables procedures and expense documentation, and with annual support of independent financial statement audit
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands):
• Bachelor's degree required
• A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience working in an office environment, and minimum of three years’ experience as an executive assistant.
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in a nonprofit sector; experience working directly with a board highly desirable
• Raiser’s Edge experience is a plus
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Strong relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• A multi-tasker with strong organizational skills and the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment and switch gears quickly as required; project management experience a plus
• Keen problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
• Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Office and Outlook; Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Boston Arts Academy Foundation: a strong sense of ownership for assigned work functions.
General Foundation Expectations:
• Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a Foundation priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
• Inclusive Environment – The BAA Foundation values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. The BAA Foundation expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
• Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to the BAA Foundation. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
• Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring the Foundation is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
• Generous paid time off and approximately 11 Paid Holidays per year
• Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance. Short Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
• 403(b) Retirement Plan The BAA Foundation is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment.
Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Nancy Levesque, Director of Operations and Strategy,
firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.