General Statement of Position
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for supporting the efforts and contributing to the success of Literations’s program. This position will work in close collaboration with our Recruitment Team and our Program Team and reports directly to the Recruitment and Training Specialist. We are looking for an individual who is interested in the nonprofit program field. The VolunteerCoordinator role will have high exposure to develop skills and expertise in volunteer recruitment and management as well as database and project management. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly adaptable and a self-starter.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Recruitment and Program teams to assess administrative needs and maintain operational efficiency
- Sustain high customer service standard through regular communication with prospective volunteers and applicants from time of inquiry through intake to placement of volunteer at their service location
- Maintain and improve administrative systems/processes and support the volunteer intake, on boarding, and placement processes; including but not limited to coordinating and conducting information sessions, interviews, reference and background checks, volunteer placement, etc.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the organization’s Applicant Tracking System, executing day-to-day configuration, maintenance, dashboard updates, reporting, workflows, tasks, and general support of the platform and its users
- Create and maintain documentation on processes, policies, and application configuration in general and relative to the Applicant Tracking System
- Maintain support system for new and existing volunteers, including collaborating withProgram Team for regular volunteer training/events/workshops
- Develop comprehensive reports on ongoing recruitment and programs and submit summary reports to management monthly
- Serve as office point-of-contact for Recruitment and Program teams regarding maintenance and management of changing volunteer status and data systems
- Support volunteer engagement and appreciation activities, including but not limited to: generating monthly newsletters; maintaining the volunteer portal; supporting logistical planning for volunteer retreat, training, and educational/social events; etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent time management skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and customer service skills
- Database knowledge and/or database management experience a plus
- Expressed interest in growing experience in nonprofit programs; 1-2 years experience a plus
- Familiarity with some Greater Boston communities a plus
- Bi-/multilingual a plus
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week) with an annual salary range of $18,000-22,000.
Benefits include a generous personal time off policy, access to a 403b retirement plan, supportive working environment with a flexible schedule and an opportunity for remote work.
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please share what compelled you to apply and address your experience in the nonprofit sector. No phone calls please.
You can learn more about Literations at www.literations.org.
Literations is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating and supporting a diverse work environment. Candidates of color, bi-/multilingual, bicultural, and LGBTQIA+ are strongly encouraged to apply.