Sr. Vice President, Wealth Management, Team Leader II
- Employing a financial planning approach, the Account Officer provides integrated advice on the five key areas of Financial Planning, Investments, Estate Planning, Tax, Risk Management and Retirement and employee benefits. As a Team Leader, you will function as a Player Coach, acting as an Account Officer while managing a team of Account Officers to higher levels of achievement.
- Represents Eastern Wealth Management (EWM) at meetings of boards of directors, investment policy committees, etc. of charitable institutions for which EWM provides a service.
- Provides management and direction to a diverse team of Relationship Managers within a specified territory:
- Help them deliver high value financial advice to a diverse set of clients with assets between $500K and $100MM.
- Support new business development efforts
- Provide mentorship, on-going training, assist in addressing challenges and providing solutions, discuss client’s profiles together, assist with any problem resolution and with modeling accounts and other investment protocols.
- Support the RM’s networking efforts with COI’s and internal business partners to maximize reciprocity of the relationships
- Work with RM’s and Admin’s on team to ensure efficient and consistent workflow and collaborative communication between the RM team, TAC, OPS and the investment team.
- Develops new business opportunities from assigned accounts and other sources and assists other officers with their new business efforts.
- Specific trust and estate administration responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Obtaining and maintaining appropriate documentation on accounts
- Ensuring that all account assets are collected and properly valued
- Ensuring that beneficiaries receive remittances and periodic statements in compliance with the governing instrument and applicable state law
- Communicating with grantors and beneficiaries to determine their financial needs and outside resources
- Authorizing or recommending discretionary distributions
- Working with the tax vendor, or with attorneys and accountants, to ensure that fiduciary income tax and estate tax returns are prepared and filed in a timely and accurate manner
- Terminating accounts in accordance with the terms of the governing instrument
- Filing and arranging for the allowance of probate accountings
- Act as account officer for 100+ accounts, the actual number being dependent upon several variables, including size, complexity and number of relationships.
- Provide guidance on cross referrals to other business lines as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant industry experience
- 5+ years of wealth management industry experience
- Knowledge of fiduciary law, fiduciary income taxation, trust, estate taxation, estate planning, trust administration, and portfolio management.
- Previous Management and performance management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work autonomously, and good communication skills
- Robust business development, account management, and relationship building skills.
- Strong sense of client service, satisfaction, and retention with an eye for needs identification, problem solving and the consultative sales approach
- Trust certifications, attendance at Trust Schools, law degrees and CFP® designation are all highly preferred.
- Meaningful Community involvement and network on the North Shore/Boston
- Follow a financial planning approach with discretionary asset management as the solution
- Ability to serve as an extension of the Division Head, carrying out initiatives and supporting the direction set by the Division Head.
- Exemplary Client & Business Partner Management with New Business results to confirm effectiveness
Previous Success hiring people with similar job titles such as:
- Account Officer
- Client Advisor
- Client Manager
- Sr. Financial Planner
- Remote work flexibility
- Hire immediately
- Growth opportunities
- Industry leading benefits
- Strong culture
- Work life balance
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As a large full service commercial bank in the Greater Boston area, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.