Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ministry Support (50%)
- Prepare the bulletins for all Sunday, mid-week, pastoral, and episcopal services. Distribute to worship leaders and post online in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate worship leadership rota for the Sunday congregation and update congregational directory at least once a year.
- On behalf of the cathedral, serve as the main coordinator and communicator with participants in diocesan confirmation services and the annual diocesan diaconal ordination services.
- Answer phone calls and general email inquiries in a timely and pastorally-appropriate manner.
- Manage congregational record-keeping, including parish registers.
- Order flowers and meals for cathedral events as needed.
- In collaboration with the dean and altar guild, order liturgical supplies as needed.
- Arrange for the cleaning of cathedral vestments as needed.
- Format, print and send all Sunday congregation mailings and compile a weekly e-mail to the Sunday congregation.
- Assist Director of Development with printing and mailing of fundraising materials.
Financial Administration (20%)
- Manage pledge data for congregations: track pledges and mail quarterly and annual statements and acknowledgement letters.
- Process invoices and incoming checks from Sunday congregation and Crossing pledgers.
- Coordination of Ministry and Services with the Diocese (10%)
- Prepare and distribute annual Diocesan Cycle of Prayer.
- Represent the cathedral at Admin. Team meetings.
- Coordinate ordering of office supplies with diocesan administrators.
Ministry Team Participation (20%)
- Meet weekly with the Dean, Director of Marketing and Development, and Operations Manager.
- Schedule, send notice of, and take notes at twice-monthly cathedral staff meetings.
- Attend monthly 138 staff meetings called by the bishops.
- Serve as switchboard relief as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a minimum of oversight, and take initiative as needed. They must be comfortable juggling/managing several projects concurrently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team in support of shared purpose
- Sensitivity to confidential materials and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Google Documents/Drive, Zoom
- Excellent typing and grammar skills
- Professional telephone manners and organization ability
To perform this job successfully an individual must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite of applications, Squarespace, Constant Contact Newsletter formatting, and basic financial spreadsheets.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cathedral serves people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, including unhoused persons, in a busy urban neighborhood. We are committed to celebrating belonging, equity, inclusion and diversity within and among our congregations, employees and visitors, and candidates must be able to affirm these commitments. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Please send cover letter and resume to Dean Amy McCreath at email@example.com by August 29.