· Contribute high-level marketing and communications expertise to strategy and concept development, leading or serving on major project teams, and advising Account Manager/Writers on their projects.
· Develop marketing strategies and plans that help the Division and teams reach target audiences, meet and exceed their revenue/participation goals, and attract new donors
· Collaborate as a strategic partner with assigned Jimmy Fund teams to ensure marketing tactics meet goals. Serve assigned teams as main account lead: Carry out the strategic planning and analysis, concepting, and copywriting; and oversee creative execution and production for all marketing collateral from concept through completion
· Lead strategic planning and brainstorming sessions to facilitate creative concepting on new Division-wide marketing projects and campaigns.
· Liaise between senior management and Media and Traffic Coordinator to execute Division-wide media buys. Liaise with Digital Marketing for all e-philanthropy efforts
· Produce in-depth wrap-up reports, including detailed analysis that drives marketing recommendations for subsequent fiscal year.
· Research, write, and edit a variety of documents to support the needs of the Division of Philanthropy. Specific writing and marketing assignments include, but are not limited to
o Articles for donor newsletters and publications, including Impact, the annual Honor Roll of Donors, and other print and online/email newsletters (adhering to AP style)
o Marketing collateral (brochures, flyers, banners, postcards, fact sheets, etc.), advertising copy (print, broadcast, radio, online, out-of-home, social media), website copy, email blasts, e-newsletters, etc.
· Work collaboratively with the Philanthropy Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to execute marketing projects on time and on budget
o Directly supervise one Account Manager/Writers in providing marketing strategies, plans, execution, and expertise; writing and editing leadership; project management; and other services to their assigned Philanthropy clients:
o Develop strategies to motivate staff and encourage their professional growth and development.
· Assume responsibility for senior-level-work as assigned by or in the absence of the Associate Director.
· Special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, or related field required. Five to six years of copywriting and marketing experience in an agency, non-profit, or related industry required; experience in a Philanthropy setting preferred.
Also required are: Strong marketing and advertising experience, strong writing abilities, strong project management experience, proficiency in interpersonal business communications and staff management, publication management knowledge, experience with branding, the creative process, concepting, writing strategic marketing plans, excellent organizational abilities and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while providing quality service to multiple teams.
This position will evaluate current programs and create and execute approved plans to expand and diversify the donors and participants for the events assigned in order to broaden our donor base and create even more inclusive events. Experience with diverse donors is a plus.