Assistant Vice President, Accounting Manager I
- Oversee general ledger staff and accounts payable staff
- Making employment decisions, reviewing performance, and making salary recommendations
- Assigning work, providing training, guidance, and advice to subordinates when necessary
- Resolving personnel problems, including disciplinary action and termination
- Review and approve journal entries, invoice batches, ACH payment batches, and other work prepared by accounting operations staff
- Post journal entries upon review of completeness by comparing detailed journal entry listing to the Oracle posting screen
- Tie in General Ledger account combinations, using discernment to know when a combination should not be valid
- Develop useful metrics to monitor department activities and volumes
- Coordinate the monthly close of the Accounts Payable and General Ledger systems
- Perform and supervise month-end and year-end accruals
- Assist with month-end closing procedures
- Record and accrete dealer flat fees
- Updating and Maintaining of Chart of Accounts.
- True up of certain accruals including
- Janitorial Services
- Electrical Services
- NYCE Interchange Fee Income
- Off-BS credit exposure reserve
- Work with VP, Accounting Operations Manager to coordinate testing and implementation of system enhancements and upgrades
- Maintain policies, procedures and standards for the group that ensure a strong control environment and periodically test the controls to ensure adherence
- Ensure department compliance with applicable tax laws including, but not limited to, Use tax, 1099-MISC and 1042 reporting. Coordinate periodic reporting and filing
- Assist auditors with General Ledger and Accounts Payable inquiries
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.