Database Programmer I
- Develops new reporting and dashboards out of CDM database to assist automation of the reporting for Corporate Credit group
- Evaluates, test and validates CDM outputs and performs reconciliations to ensure the accurate representation of data and analysis.
- Assists Senior Database administrator in Business Requirements gathering and user documentation
- Provides back up support for internal application programming changes and reporting process
- Provides back up for daily data loans and issue resolution
- Assists with SDLC process, Business Acceptance testing/Validation and helping with CDM maintenance
- Provides Quality Control and Assurance work on monthly/quarterly team’s deliverables (various reports and financial disclosures)
- Remediates data quality issues
- Provides support to the requests from internal/external auditors and regulatory agencies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field of study (i.e., Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering), or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of work experience at a financial services company working as data analyst, programmer, or database administrator.
- 5+ years writing T-SQL
- Experience in compliance, audit or quality assurance a plus.
- Training/certification on MS SQL Server products and Business Intelligence tools a plus.
- Working knowledge of distributed applications including one or more of the following technologies: SQL Server 2008-2016; ASP.NET, C#, SSRS, SSIS, Power BI and data visualization tools.
- A strong business perspective and knowledge of the characteristics and analytics associated with banking product portfolios.
- Experience with large scale data remediation projects, from issue identification, through to remediation/resolution including profiling, data mapping for data warehousing systems
- Experience with writing and modifying complex SQL, T-SQL.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.