Senior Security Engineer
- 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing, configuring, and managing enterprise-grade next-generation security platforms.
- Palo Alto PCNSE and/or ACE certification preferred.
- Checkpoint Certified Systems Engineer (CCSE) Certification preferred.
- CISSP or similar security and management certifications preferred.
- Subject Matter Expert level knowledge in designing and managing complex security platforms including firewall, IPSEC and SSL VPN, IPS/IDS, Advanced Networking, Acceleration & Clustering technologies. Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills, with a strong ability to produce technical documentation.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and an on-call rotation.
Education and Experince
- College degree or equivalent combination of training and experience plus at least 5+ years working as a security engineer/architect with experience maintaining next-generation security platforms.
- Experience in large scale enterprise and service provider networks.
- Experience with project management methodologies.
- Experience in securing cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Experience with Cisco ACI is a plus.
Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Network topologies / design: routing, switching, and MPLS/ELan technologies
- Palo firewall technology, design, and administration
- Global load balancing technology design and support
- IP networking (TCP/IP and packet analysis)
- Network and system attack knowledge
- Remote access design and implementation with various dual factor authentication methods
- Two factor Authentication systems
- Advanced anti-malware platforms
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows system administration
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.