MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Credit Analyst. Due
to COVID-19, this position will be 100% remote to start until normal
operations are resumed at which time the position could be located in
Boston or at one of our satellite offices throughout the state.
Under the general direction of the Vice President - Senior Credit
Manager, the Credit Analyst provides analytical, operational, and credit
administrative support to the lending and portfolio groups in
conformance with established lending department and agency policies.
- Analyze creditworthiness of commercial loan/guarantee applicants and assign a credit risk rating.
- Help lenders with loan approval write-ups and annual loan reviews.
- Spread annual financial statements for new and existing borrowers.
- Provide industry analysis.
- Provide follow-up on annual financial statements for existing borrowers.
- Provide projections for new and existing borrowers.
- Order Hoovers, Dun & Bradstreet, and personal credit reports on new and existing borrowers.
- Keep accurate track of loan approvals and loan closings, and establish credit files and compliance ticklers.
- Maintain the Bakers Hill spreadsheet system database.
- Be responsible for the appraisal request process, including tracking and ordering.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or economics.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a credit or financial analyst.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability/aptitude to underwrite and analyze commercial and industrial (C & I), and commercial real estate loans.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Experience with Baker Hill spread sheet system.
- Formal credit training.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain professional interpersonal relationships.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- The Employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear.
- Regular instate travel is required. May also be required to travel at night and/or out of state on occasion.
- Must be able to operate office equipment.
- Occasional reaching above shoulder heights or below the waist.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds as required to file documents or store materials during the workday.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and the ability to adjust focus, distance vision, and color vision.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be able to establish and maintain professional interpersonal relationships.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be required to work weekends or nights and attend night and or
weekend meetings. Ability and means to travel may be required.
Offering a wide range of finance programs and real estate development
services, MassDevelopment supports economic growth, development, and
investment across all sectors of the Massachusetts economy: public and
private; commercial, industrial, and residential; and nonprofit,
including health care, educational, cultural, and human-service
providers. Our staff works in collaboration with developers, businesses,
and banks to identify investors and leverage funds to support economic
growth. For more information about MassDevelopment, please visit
MassDevelopment offers a number of benefits including but not limited
to: generous paid time off, 12 paid holidays, health and dental
insurance, employer contributions into retirement savings plans, tuition
and fitness reimbursement programs, and matching gift donations.
Equal Opportunity Employer- MassDevelopment is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40,
protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.