Solar Project Associate
Sunwealth is a clean energy investment firm on a mission to change who benefits from renewable energy by changing the way we invest in it. We envision a future where renewable energy is accessible, affordable and inclusive. We invest in that future by financing and managing renewable energy projects that benefit diverse communities through clean power, carbon reduction, cost savings and job creation. Sunwealth is located in Cambridge’s Porter Square.
The Project Associate will play a key role on a small team focused on revolutionizing renewable energy investment. The Project Associate will be responsible for supporting the acquisition, development and management of Sunwealth’s growing portfolio of solar projects.
If you thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment and are looking to join a team motivated to create economic and environmental impact across all communities, we want to hear from you.
- Support solar project development and acquisition.
- Support new market research and development opportunities, including emerging solar markets, energy storage, low-income community solar, and wholesale markets.
- Support solar installation and channel partner relations and development.
- Coordinate and track solar projects under development or acquisition phase through closing.•Perform project financial analysis, due diligence and development tasks.
- Support the asset management of all aspects of solar project operation.
- 0 to 2 years’ experience in project development or project finance/administration, project management, business administration, asset management, contract administration, deal execution or other similar commercial roles.
- Technical and business background with a desire to gain experience in solar project acquisition, development and management.
- Experience in accounting, finance and operations, including working with cross functional teams to achieve overall business objectives.
- Proficient with all MS Office programs, particularly Excel; Salesforce experience is a plus.•Strong internal and external communication skills and an ability to manage multiple issues and clearly articulate outcomes, concerns and solutions.
- Team player who recognizes learning opportunities and can flex to fill different roles in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Quick learner with strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills.
- Task master with high attention to detail, organization and time management.
- Desire to take on a key role in making an impact in the solar and social investing ecosystem.
- Smart, effective and highly motivated team committed to creating generational change in renewable energy•Casual, collaborative and results-driven work environment
- Beautiful, bright and centrally located office that is accessible by public transit
- Competitive compensation package, including equity ownership
- Health insurance, including medical and dental
- 401K plan
- Opportunities for professional development
- Team lunches/company social events
Sunwealth is strongly committed to equality of opportunity and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We endeavor to build a workplace environment that is welcoming and inclusive for everyone. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
We recognize that there is no ‘perfect’ candidate. Sunwealth is a place where everyone can learn and grow. If this position excites you, do not hesitate to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be certain to include “Solar Project Associate” in the subject line of your email. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates.
Due to the volume of resumes, it may not be feasible for us to follow up with every candidate. If you do proceed with our hiring process, please note we will ask for professional and personal references.